Korean/Tamil/Hindi (was Re: Query on var.nabheda)

chattrj at is3.nyu.edu chattrj at is3.nyu.edu
Thu Mar 6 23:01:28 UTC 1997

Lay person's question:

I read while doing some research (on an entirely different subject that I
won't go into at this time) at the NYPL's Oriental Division that Mundari,
the central Indian aboroginal/aadivaasi laguage has some connections with
Magyar and Korean, and that Magyar and Korean are related in some ways. Is
there any truth in this?

Just curious.

:Sudipto Chatterjee
New York University
Dept. of Performance Studies

                          In the flood of your tears, where Rain
                          Tells stories of someone else's pain--
                          That's where on my own
                          I'll meet with you alone.
                                                      :Suman Chatterjee

                 I taught a peasant how to write the word 'plough',
                             and he taught me how to drive it.
                      :Augusto Boal (Theatre of the Oppressed)