Vedic Civilization in Ancient Turkey

Jakub Cejka Visitor-Sanskrit jakub at unipune.ernet.in
Sat Jun 28 00:19:36 UTC 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997 Jyotishi at aol.com wrote:

>    "A 1992 Motilal Banarsidass newsletter reports that the oldest known
> civilization yet recently discovered at Nevali Cori in Turkey has close
[....]

These MLBD Newsletter reports tend to be of various quality...

It is well known to everyone here that names of Aryan-like deities were
recorded in texts from Anatolia etc.
What is new to me is the shaven head with a tuft.  Though I do not suffer
the pathological wish to interpret everything that bears similarities as
"Vedic/Sanskritic influence" I'd be interested to know whether this type
of "hair-dress" (or hair-undress :-) in finds from Turkey is attested in
some more reliable sources.  Anybody knows ?

Jakub Cejka

jakub at unipune.ernet.in

THE ABOVE E-MAIL ADDRESS IS VALID TILL  AUGUST 1997

My new e-mail address will be settled sometime in September
Then it will be known to my friend whose address is had at pdas.cz)