frogs and plants

Petra Wehmeyer P.Wehmeyer at Uni-Koeln.DE
Thu Jun 19 10:16:52 UTC 1997

Dear Dominique,
in many parts of India the brahmI-plant is identified with Bacopa
monnieri (Linn.), a succulent that grows in moist places like the other
parNI/Na - plants.Leaves opposite, long, 2-10mm broad. Centella asiatica
(Urban.) ist also a water-loving creeping
plant, which is very often called `brahmI'. Another name is `Hydorcotyle
asiatica`(Linn.) or in Sans: maNDUkaparNI. Leaves are round.
SaptaparNah for instance is a large tree with simple leaves in whorls. It
is also growing in moist regions. Got my information from: Kaviraj
Nabendra Nath Sen Gupta: The Ayurvedic system of medicine.
Best wishes