"Hindu"

Dr. Jai Maharaj jai at mantra.com
Sun Jun 15 16:28:32 UTC 1997

Namaste! At 12:22 PM 6/15/97 BST,
Lars Martin Fosse <l.m.fosse at internet.no> wrote:
> . . .
> Yes they are. Similar flights of fancy are found not
> only the Puranas (sorry, but I insist on the plural s),
> but in all old works, whether Indic or European.

"Puraan" is singular or plural without applying the
pluralization rules of an alien language. "Flights of fancy"
is a personal characterization that may be echoed by link-
minded people, of course.

>> 3. They had no inkling of an idea . . . (but we do!)
>
> There is no attested knowledge of historical linguistics in India.
> Nor was there any in Europe before the last century.

The absence of the proof of something is no proof of its absence.

Dhanyavaad.

Jai Maharaj
http://www.flex.com/~jai
Om Shanti

Copyright (C) 1997 Mantra Corporation. All Rights Reserved.