Tagore/Germany

Andy McCord amccord at ibm.net
Tue Jul 29 13:15:27 UTC 1997

Marie-Loise Gothein is mentioned as the German translator of Gitanjali in a
note on page 431 of Krishna Dutta and Andrew Robinson's Rabindranath
Tagore:  the Myriad-Minded Man.  New York:  St. Martin's, 1995 and
published in England by Bloomsbury Publishing.  References to her are
mentioned in letters of Kurt Wolff, Karl Jaspers, and Max Weber.  Perhaps,
the authors of the biography would have more information.  Robinson is
listed as the literary editor of the Times Education Supplement in London.