Yonidvaara

Dominique.Thillaud thillaud at unice.fr
Wed Jul 2 13:56:36 UTC 1997

	In MMW (s.v.) Yonidvaara is said to be the name of a sacred bath,
referring to the MBh.
	Searching in, I've  found two occurrencies of this word and one is
just in a violent birth's description (MBh XI,4,5).
	The other (MBh III,82,83) seems more appropriate but not very
clear. It appears to be linked with the sacred town of Gayaa but very few
details are given.

	Do someone know more about this sacred bath (location, ritual,
meaning of it) ? I would be VERY interrested if the bathing would be the
first step of a pilgrimage about 'future life' and VERY VERY if the
sacrifice of a little pig would be necessary.

	Thanks in advance,
Dominique

Dominique THILLAUD
Universite' de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France