Devanagari fonts for the Mac

Raynald Prevereau raynaldp at bbsi.net
Thu Jan 23 03:18:14 UTC 1997

>You will find a useful free utility for typing with special characters and
>fonts at:
>
>http://www.sil.org/computing/silkey.html
>
>For those of you that use Windows there is a similar program at the same
>site, which is well worth a look-around in any case.
>
>It takes a bit of simple programming to make Silkey work. If anybody needs
>a hand I'll be happy to help.

>B.Philip Jonsson <bpj at netg.se>

What a wonderful utility! It makes typing all the diacritics in romanised
Sanskrit so much easier than the usual shift + option + deadkey + letter! I
haven't explored all the possibilities of SILKey (with Devanagari fonts,
for instance), but I readily recommand it to everyone. And it's free. Thank
you Mr. Jonsson.

Raynald Prevereau