Q: Sanskrit-English dictionary

Joel Tatelman tatelman at total.net
Fri Jan 17 12:56:21 UTC 1997

Regarding a Sanskrit-English Dictionary which uses transliteration as well as devanaagarii, I suppose the obvious choice is M. Monier-Williams' _A Sanskrit-English Dictionary_, Revised Edition, Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1899.

Reprints are available from Oxford University Press (£75-80) Munshiram Manoharlal in Delhi (probably £20-30) and for a compact version (in size not contents), Tokyo, Meicho Fukyukai, 1986 (JapYen 15,000 when I bought it, but probably more now).

Hope this helps.

Joel Tatelman
#2-293A Roncesvalles Ave.
Toronto, Ontario,