Q: Saskia Kersenboom

Srinivasan Pichumani srini at engin.umich.edu
Thu Jan 9 20:24:54 UTC 1997

>>I am reading her recent work.

>>Saskia Kersenboom, Word, Sound, Image: the life of
>>a Tamil text. Berg Publishers, Washington, DC, 1995,
>>259 p. (with computer laser disk)

Coincidentally, I have been reading the same book
for the past week and find it to be very fascinating.
I remember that Prof.Kamil Zvelebil had talked about
this work as forthcoming in his "Companion studies to
the history of Tamil literature" (Leiden, 1992).

However, the problem is that although I have access
to a Philips CD-I player, I cannot see certain sections
of the disk that need full motion video... the CD-I
player that I have access to is a very early model,
it seems.

-Srini.