Book shops in India

Swami Vishvarupananda omkar at giasdl01.vsnl.net.in
Wed Jan 8 05:50:08 UTC 1997

Dear Klemens,

Here are some addresses of Book shops in Delhi that have lots of books that
may interest you.
The first and foremost address is of course:

Motilal Banarsidass,
Bungalow Road,
Jawahar Nagar,
DELHI - 110 007

Another interesting place is:

M/s Indian Books Centre,
40/5, Shakti Nagar,
DELHI - 110 007

These two are themselves publishers as well as dealers.
Here is the address of a dealer in New Delhi, who has an amazing (for
Indian standards) collection of all kinds of philosophical books and other
interesting titles. Unfortunately the fellow is a bit high in his prices.
But since books are very cheap in India anyway, when compared to the West,
you may want to have a look:

Piccadilly Book Stall,
Shop No. 64, Shankar Market,
Connaught Circus,
NEW DELHI - 110 001

Apart from that there are lots of book shops in the inner circle of
Connaught
Place. They may have some titles on Archeology and Art, but not too many
books of
interest on philosophy.

Greetings and Om,
Swami Vishvarupananda

> I would appreciate if someone could inform me about good book shops to
visit
> in India (especially Delhi and Calcutta). My main interest is Buddhism,
Art