Epigraphy

Richard Salomon rsalomon at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 26 16:54:08 UTC 1997

Klaus,

The Hidda (=Ha.d.da) jar inscription of year 28, 10th day of Apelae =
Apelliaos is no. LXXXII, pp. 157-8 + pl.XXX.2 in Konow, CII II.2.  But see
also Konow's revised reading of this ins. in "Hidda Inscription of the
Year 28" in EI 23 (1935-36), pp.35-42. (e.g. he now reads ramara.m~nami
instead
of raja-; but the reading of the date (which, I take it, is what mainly
concerns you)
is the same except for minor orthographic adjustments (masya > mase;
sastehi > sasthehi).

-Rich