German ideology

pf at cix.co.uk pf at cix.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 09:59:00 UTC 1997

Srini,

I will tell you how this 'typo' was evokeded: Shortly before reading my
email I was talking with a friend about Dumont's recently translated book
'L'ideologie allemande: France-Allemagne et retour (Homo Aequalis II),
Gallimard 1991'. I mistakenly imagined someone might have responded to
that publication under the same heading. Every publication of Dumont has
to be studied seriously. I think this one can be useful for Indologists as
well, because here Dumont applies his way of analyzing South Asia to his
own background. It can therefore be a read as a test case of his approach.

best wishes
Peter Fluegel