cosi fan tutte

Lars Martin Fosse l.m.fosse at internet.no
Fri Feb 21 10:51:21 UTC 1997

At 10:11 21.02.97 GMT, you wrote:
>Dear Indologists,
>
>MBh III, 69, 6 : 'strIsvabhAvaz calo loke'
>Francois Ist, king of France : 'Souvent femme varie, bien fol est qui s'y fie'
>
>incredible coincidence, indoeuropean heritage or universal knowledge ?
>
>Dominique

I admire your courage Dominique. I'll risk my neck by saying that I think it
is universal knowledge. At least I believe that similar statements can be
found in a number of non-indoeuropean cultures. (If I remember correctly, I
even think I have seen some attempts from people on the socio-biology scene
to explain *why* women cannot be trusted - or why men perceive them as
untrustworthy. Or whatever).

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse