I can't help, I'm afraid

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 11:24:28 UTC 1997

I receive quite a lot of requests from individual people for help with
their software, and especially requests for fonts for foreign languages.

I'm afraid I no longer deal with personal requests for software
assistance.  This is a decision I took at the end of last year.  It is not
meant to be unfriendly, but is simply an act of self-preservation.  In a
way, it is a vote for Sanskrit study, since that is what I really wish to
be doing with my time.  The the pressure to help with software solutions
is immense, but having done it for a long time it I feel I've done my bit
to help in this area, and is time for me to refocus on other things (yes,
Sanskrit texts!).

This decision does not affect the running of the INDOLOGY list, or the
maintenance of the the INDOLOGY web pages, which will continue as before.
I may also participate in higher-level paid consultancy work in the area
of software solutions to indological problems (like codicology).

I shall continue to try to make most of what I know in this area available
via the INDOLOGY web pages (www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/indology.html).  And a
number of my personal preferences in software and other areas are
mentioned on my main home page (www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/).

But I shall not longer be able to respond to individual queries regarding
the use of software, the availablility of fonts, etc.

Best wishes,
Dominik

--
Dominik Wujastyk               Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk          183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, England