Roman fonts for Indian languages

John Smith jds10 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 27 10:57:25 UTC 1997

A few weeks ago I made a set of fonts available for representation of
Indian-language material in Roman script. They exist for both PC and Mac,
in both TrueType and PostScript Type 1 forms, and they are available
in both the CSX and Norman encodings.

At the time I released these fonts, I was unaware of the specific
restrictions imposed by Adobe Type Manager on the form of a Type 1
PostScript font, with the result that ATM rejected the .pfb files I
supplied. This has now been fixed, and Windows users who would like to
make use of the PostScript forms of these fonts should download the new
versions.

The ftp site is bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk. Change to directory
/pub/john/software/fonts/norman or /pub/john/software/fonts/csx_fonts as
appropriate. Alternatively, use your web browser to connect to
http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/index.html and follow the "fonts" link.

John Smith

Dr J. D. Smith                *  jds10 at cam.ac.uk
Faculty of Oriental Studies   *  Tel. 01223 335140 (Switchboard 01223 335106)
Sidgwick Avenue               *  Fax  01223 335110
Cambridge CB3 9DA             *  http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/index.html