beginning Bengali

HFArnold at aol.com HFArnold at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 05:01:00 UTC 1997

In a message dated 8/3/97 8:56:31 PM, david   raphael   israel wrote:

<<might anyone kindly recommend self-study programs in beginning
Bengali? -- preferably acomputer-based CD tutorial, or,
alternatively, a textbook-plus-cassette package, or something.

I used Teach Yourself Bengali by William Radice to learn the Bengali script.
I only worked through the lessons on the script, but I also learned a bit of
the Bengali language in the process. The book is so well structured that I
wished that I had had the time to continue to learn the language. Teach
Yourself Bengali is available with or without two cassettes. I recommend it
highly.