beginning Bengali

claude setzer cssetzer at mum.edu
Sun Aug 3 21:42:08 UTC 1997

The script of Bengali is slightly similar to Devanagari, but also quite
different. I would not recommend learning anything "first" if Bengali is
what you want to know. I have a book called "teach yourself Bengali" by
D.F. hudson, published by The English Univerties Press, London. It looks
quite good for a beginner. It seems to have good pronunciation aids and
quite practical examples.

Claude Setzer, cssetzer at mum.edu

PS it was many years ago when I studied this, so my memory is vague, but
the book is before me now and I remember it being good.