India's role in the history of linguistics

marcinl at hum.amu.edu.pl marcinl at hum.amu.edu.pl
Tue Apr 22 11:41:45 UTC 1997

Dear Colleagues,
I am looking for general materials related to India's contribution to the
study of language. So far I have found one book carrying the above-mentioned
title, namely "The Word and the World : India's contribution to ..." by the
late Prof. B. K. Matilal. Is this  book accessible on the net in any
readable form(abstract, or summary, etc., etc.)? I would be extremely
grateful for any other valuable links to relevant websites.
Thank you in advance
Best regards

Marcin Lewandowski
Institute of Linguistics