on vyaakaraNa-kauNDinya

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Apr 21 11:15:15 UTC 1997

	The only text ascribed to Kau.n.dinya which comes within the broad
category of grammatical/phonetic literature is Kau.n.dinya"sik.saa.  This
is included in Vedavik.rtilak.sa.nasa.mgraha edited by K.V. Abhyankar and
G.V. Devasthali, Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Pune 1978.  There
is no reason to believe that this Kau.n.dinya has anything to do with the
Kau.n.dinya mentioned in the Buddhist texts.
	Madhav Deshpande