Q: Kannada words in a Greek play?

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 2 13:29:17 UTC 1997

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, Jacob Baltuch wrote:

> Incidentally, is there a way to get (maybe in email :)
> an honest assessment of A. Danielou as an Indologist?

I recommend reading what he has written, and then thinking about it.  It's
the method I most often use, and it works surprisingly well.

Sorry -- I'm being cheeky.  :-) I guess you mean getting an assessment
from *someone else*.  In which case you compound the epistemological
problem by adding the question of the informant's probity to that of the
subject himself.   In the end, there's really no way out of this one,
which is why book reviews are so often so unsatisfactory.

In a spirit of amusement,
Dominik

--
Dominik Wujastyk               Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk          183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, England