GG

HEIJSTEE at rullet.LeidenUniv.nl HEIJSTEE at rullet.LeidenUniv.nl
Wed Sep 18 10:28:39 UTC 1996

\dn namaste ji

I'm applying the Generative Grammar, or Transformational Grammar
according to Chomsky 1986 to the classical Sanskrit language.
However, I do not know whether most/few indologist around the
world have some knowledge about this grammar, which is already
taught to students of modern, presumably European, languages.
Do you think it would be a good idea to explain this grammar in one or
two chapters in my forthcoming book before I get to the point
in the next chapter? Or do you think I can skip this sketch and
come to the point immediately? And give a very brief review of the
GG, or TG, in the general Introduction?
By the way, who's interested in the GG in the field of Sanskrit text
research?

\bye
Sandra Van der Geer
CNWS