Vikram Seth - some more problems

Peter D Banos pdb1 at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 31 14:26:26 UTC 1996

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Jan Dvorak wrote:

> Is anyone able to help me with the following words found in Vikram Seth's A
> Suitable Boy?...

> Ruksh - this should be a name of some war-horse, the sentence sound like
>         'he is not a war-horse like Ruksh or Bucephalus' (this is not
>         a citation), where Bucephalus is the name of the horse of Alexander
>         the Great.

This sounds like the name of the horse of one of the heroes of the
Shahnameh - Rustam I think?

						-Peter D. Banos
						pdb1 at columbia.edu

"Parthians, Medes, Elamites, and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and
Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia... in our own languages
we hear them speaking about God's deeds of power."