Michigan-Lausanne conf.

thompson at jlc.net thompson at jlc.net
Thu Oct 31 13:11:05 UTC 1996

Dear Indologists,

On another e-mail list there has been an extensive discussion of the Aryan
migration thesis, as opposed to the Indigenous Aryan thesis, a controversy
with which you are all perhaps all too familiar.  I do not want to raise
that issue on this list [yet again?].  Rather, I am hoping that someone on
this list has attended the recent Michigan-Lausanne conference on this very
topic, and would be willing to offer comments, observations, summaries, of
what went on there.  I feel strongly that any sound discussion of this
issue would require the input of the scholars present at that conference.

Thank you in advance,
George Thompson