Tenure-track position available in South Asian History (fwd)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 09:08:55 UTC 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 10:33:53 -0500 (CDT)
From: Nikki Lamberty <nlambert at carleton.edu>
Subject: Tenure-track position available in South Asian History

Carleton College announces a tenure-track assistant professorship, beginning
September 1997.  (In exceptional circumstances, appointment at higher rank
may be considered.)  We are looking for someone with broad teaching and
research interests and a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a
liberal arts environment.  Candidates should have a specialization in Indian
history (any era), be able to teach a survey in Southeast Asian history, and
to direct a seminar on women in Asia.  Some teaching experience is
desirable.  To apply, submit a letter of application, a c.v., a graduate
transcript, syllabi of one or two courses you have taught or could teach,
and three letters of recommendation by December 10, 1996, to Prof. Philip
Niles, Department of History, Carleton College, One N. College Street,
Northfield, MN  55057.  We will interview at the AHA annual meeting.
Carleton College is an AA/EOE; we particularly encourage applications from
women and members of minority groups.