panca-parvan again

Gary Alan Tubb gat4 at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 2 12:45:46 UTC 1996

V. S. Apte gives a verse listing the five parvans in his Practical
Sanskrit-English Dictionary, s.v. pa~nca-parvan, as follows:

caturda"sy a.s.tamii caiva amaavaasyaa ca puur.nimaa
parvaa.ny etaani raajendra ravisa.mkraantir eva ca

The subject is covered in detail by P. V. Kane in his History of
Dharmashastra.