The Gold Digging Ants of Herodotus

Dr. S. Kalyanaraman MDSAAA48 at GIASMD01.VSNL.NET.IN
Fri Nov 29 05:19:24 UTC 1996

Jason Neelis has given us a superb insight into the early references on
the marmots and adds:

>I think this debate (and the unlikely media coverage!) over the
>gold-digging ants of Herodotus reflects our fascination with the rapidly
>disappearing El Dorados and Shangri Las of this world.

Marmots are among the endangered species list. The is what the
Vancouver Islands marmot website says and suggests adoption
of marmots by websurfers to save the 'ants'.

regards, kalyanaraman