Place of Hindi in Indology

Girish Beeharry gkb at ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 20 20:37:48 UTC 1996

Hi,

I have found that while speaking in Hindi, I use Bhojpuri words (which I think
are 'genuine' Hindi words!) quite 'naturally'. In fact, I discovered this while
speaking, in Hindi, to someone who was from Gharwal. So, this problem of
communicating in Hindi is not only a North-South problem but a North-North one
too! :-)

I would like to know whether any kind of research in Bhojpuri is being done,
either in India or elsewhere. If so, I would appreciate getting some details,
please. Many thanks beforehand for any information.

Bye,

Girish Beeharry