question

witzel at husc3.harvard.edu witzel at husc3.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 18 20:17:59 UTC 1996

With respect to Madhav's question about the first lines of:

 >>   dhik taan dhik taan dhig etaan kathayati... <<

I don't quite recall from where this comes, and I do not remember
the next two lines, but I *do* remember that it begins with direct speech,
the metrically incorrect line:

      bato bataasi jarjara / naiva te mano hrdayam caavidaama //

Hope this helps!

M.W.