[Q] India Office Library in London

Frank Conlon conlon at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 14 19:24:01 UTC 1996

In addition to Sudipto Chatterjee's useful information, I would also urge
that you contact them to ascertain the plans for shifting the India Office
collections to the new British Library St. Pancras site.  At one point I
was told it would likely be sometime in 1997, but my recollections of the
move from Westminster to Orbit House, lead to the notion that it would be
wise to check once, and check again later.

Frank Conlon
University of Washington

p.s. Also, if you go, be sure to obtain information in advance regarding
the documentation which is desirable to obtain a reader's ticket.