Syntax of `yabh'

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Nov 4 21:22:57 UTC 1996

	I think there is no grammatical answer to this question, but there
may be other answers, "in the heat of things" as they say.  Consider the
Kaama"saastra warning : raticakre prav.rtte tu na "saastram na ca
"saastri.na.h.  Our Kaama"saastra experts on the list may remember the
source of this quotation.  So, even if it is a dead horse ...
	Another consideration is the distinction between aar.sa and
anaar.sa usage of Sanskrit.  The banter comes from a layer of Sanskrit
which, if it stands for women's Sanskrit, would be an interesting register
of non-standard Sanskrit.
	Madhav Deshpande