Req: "dirty" words in Sanskrit

Hueckstedt hueckst at cc.UManitoba.CA
Mon Nov 4 19:20:53 UTC 1996

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Anand Venkt Raman wrote:

> >lack of dirty words.  Are there dirty
> >words in Esperanto?  -- or in ASL
> >(American Sign Language)?
>
> I can  think of at least one in American Sign Language  (As far as I know
> it is an american contribution to motor driving etiqutette) :-)
>
> :-)

In the film _Mr. Holland's Opus_ Mr. Holland's son gives him the asshole
sign. He doesn't understand it, so his wife translates it for him.

Thanks to all for your help in this sticky matter.

Gratefully,
Bob Hueckstedt

Robert A. Hueckstedt, Associate Professor of Indic Languages
Asian Studies Centre, 328 Fletcher Argue, University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2 Canada
http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/arts/asian_studies
fax 1 204-261-4483 phones 1 204-474-8964, 1 204-488-4797