chandobhaGga

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Nov 4 11:34:31 UTC 1996

Good point Gautama.  The reading as altered was not a mere replacement of
the word "sa.spa with t.r.na, but a few other changes to make the meter
work.  It was something like
	gangaaprapaataantat.r.napraruu.dham
I am not sure such an altered reading appeared in any printed materials,
but there is no doubt in my mind about my noticing a different reading in
the printed text from what was taught to us and my asking the teachers
about it.  To that extent, I am reporting an event rather than a
possibility.
	Madhav Deshpande