Siri Boovalaya..

zydenbos at flevoland.xs4all.nl zydenbos at flevoland.xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 29 22:23:50 UTC 1996

 dns> From: dmenon at pacific.net.sg (Das Menon)
 dns> Subject: Siri Boovalaya..

 dns> Does anyone have information on the Kannada work 'Siri
 dns> Boovalaya'. Any
 dns> information is most appreciated.

Unfortunately I will be here in the Netherlands for the next two months, and
not at home in Mysore, where I have a copy of the book (part one; the work has
not yet been published in its entirety, to my knowledge).

I have not read it completely yet, but there is a lot of hazy mystique (and
anecdotes that sound like horror stories) about it. To begin with, it is not
only in Kannada: it is a kind of citrakavya, and if you run through the text in
different directions, you get verses in Telugu and Sanskrit too.

The weirder side of it is that according to some, the text contains formulae
for making gold out of base metals. Of course I'm in no position whatsoever to
make any comment on that.

Robert Zydenbos.-

|                      RBBS Flevoland Internet Gateway                   |
| RBBS Flevoland, Almere-Stad, The Netherlands +31-36-5363720 ZyXEL 19k2 |
| fax +31-36-5363720                           +31-36-5367160 V34+  33k6 |
| Member of Team-OS/2, 7 cdrom's online        +31-36-5360688 ISDNC 64k0 |