Pali Canon Online

mhcrxlc at dir.mcc.ac.uk mhcrxlc at dir.mcc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 22 09:53:06 UTC 1996

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that the first public domain
version of the tipi.taka in Pali is now available from the websites of the
Journal of Buddhist Ethics:

U.K.
http://www.gold.ac.uk/jbe/

U.S.A.
http://www.cac.psu.edu/jbe/

Initially, only the files for the Macintosh have been posted. We hope,
however, to post those for DOS/Windows within a week or two, file
conversions permitting. The files are SEAs. (Ignore files with the
extension .MAC).

This is something of a historic event in Buddhist and Pali Studies, I
believe and even in their present form the files are most valuable. They
have been working hard at IBRIC in Sri Lanka to further proofread the files
for the first of the planned three monthly updates. So in the course of the
coming year we expect to be able to considerably improve the accuracy,
especially of the text of the first four Nikaayas.

L.S. Cousins,

on behalf of:

IBRIC and JBE

MANCHESTER, UK