Changes to the way we run the list

Chris Wooff C.Wooff at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Mar 20 14:14:16 UTC 1996

With immediate effect only those people who are members of the
Indology list will be able to make postings. We hope this step
will go some way towards alleviating recent problems.

IMPORTANT NOTE
Please note that the membership list contains the email address
you had *at the time you joined the list*. Even if you routinely
receive Indology postings this does not necessarily make you a
"member". Many sites periodically change what appears in the
From: field of your email whilst continuing to accept email to
the older address. If you are one of these users then you will
continue to receive mail but will not be able to post.

I will see all failed attempts to post and will deal with them
as they occur. This will be achieved by correcting subscriptions.

If it becomes problematic to run the list in this way we may have
to revert. However, it is certainly worth trying.

In a seperate mail item I'll send you a list of subscribers so
that you can if you wish alert me to any "old" addresses.

Chris Wooff (list owner)