Why not a definitive devnagri font

aditya at icanect.net aditya at icanect.net
Mon Mar 18 03:47:51 UTC 1996

ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk (Dr Dominik Wujastyk)  has  recently written as
follows:
>The place I work has had Beyondmail installed for the past year, and it is not a
>very nice package in my view.  Oh, it has a lot of features, but it is very
>clumsy to use, and doesn't allow easy quotation and comment on replies.
I am not sure about last year but it seems they have a new release
that does not seem that clumsy.
>About the fonts: Beyondmail allows one to use any installed windows font, it is
>true, but such information only gets passed to other Beyondmail users on the
>same local network, not to people on the internet generally.
That was the point of my note. At least one mailer does allow devnagri
fonts. If had one standard Hindi font with standard keyboard
assignments then other mailers may also start including it in there
offering. As I said if Arabic and Japanese fonts can supported by MS,
why not Devnagri fonts as well.
In the mean time we have some means of making ends meet by Bmail.
Bmail is being offered for free for now but even later (April 15) the
price is not unreasonably high. The only problem is having to settle
on a standard fonts and at least on this list we can have a consensus
of have some standard font. And let us vote it out.

Have a nice day.
Aditya Mishra
http://www.icanect.net/~aditya
The opinions expressed herein are continually mutating and*
might have already been changed  by the time you read them*
owing to the more recent information that became available*