Temples and shoes

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu Mar 14 15:33:01 UTC 1996

	And while I was despondent about finding the apropriate authority
for walking away with someone else's shoes from a temple, I "saw" the
following verse which is missing from all standard versions of Manu's Laws:

	sarvathaa nuutana.m vastu nirmaatu.m ne.svaro' py alam |
	ekasyopaanahau tasmaad anyasmai pradadaaty asau ||

	Now no one needs to feel guilty.
		Madhav Deshpande