Changes to Indology

l.m.fosse at easteur-orient.uio.no l.m.fosse at easteur-orient.uio.no
Mon Mar 4 09:57:22 UTC 1996

>While I sympathise with the desire to make this a restricted list, it
>would be quite disappointing to have the privilege of posting withheld
>from all non-professionals. The main advantage of mailing lists is
>the ability to ask questions of live persons. I hope that this would
>not be lost.
>
>-Nath

The idea about not giving non-professionals unrestricted access (read and
write privileges) to the list does not imply that these could not ask
questions. Non-professionals may ask any member of the list individually a
question, and if s/he cannot answer it, s/he can forward the question to
the list (this is already being done in some cases). In this way, every
member of the list becomes an "editor" in a small way. The important thing
is to restrict the traffick on the net to serious stuff and exclude the
nonsense.

Lars Martin Fosse

Lars Martin Fosse
Research Fellow