Harvard-Kyoto

thompson at handel.jlc.net thompson at handel.jlc.net
Fri Jun 28 23:32:47 UTC 1996

I am sorry that a personal note to Dominik has slipped through my fingers
onto the entire List, creating this stir about codes & transcription
systems, problems about which I am utterly naive.  After Jonathan Silk's
proposal of a few weeks ago, I suggested to Dominik that I would be willing
to help by taking on a Vedic portion of an Indology bibliography.  But I
did not know how complicated the task might be, and had asked for his
advice.

I still don't know how complicated that task might be.  If there is an
accessible convention agreeable to all, and which even I can learn, then
the offer of helping with a Vedic bibliography still stands.  But if things
get complicated even a little I will soon be over my head and unable to
help.  I have no opinion about the various proposed conventions, and need
to be guided if I am going to be of any use at all.

Sincerely,
George Thompson