Jains and Christians

Peter Friedlander astpgf at luga.latrobe.edu.au
Tue Jun 25 07:42:32 UTC 1996

I am working on a Hindi manuscript, written by Svami Ratancand disciple of
Harjimal, that is a Jain account of a meeting between some some Jains and
some Christians priests in Rajasthan in 1854.
Has anyone any idea about how I might find the Christian priests view of the
interchange of ideas with the Jains?
Either general literature [if it exists] on mid 19th century Christian views
of jain tradition, or even, specific accounts of jain christian encounters
from the Christian view point.
The manuscript does not mention such details as where the meeting took place
or who the christian priests were.

thanks for any suggestions

Dr Peter G. Friedlander
Hindi Distance Learning Project