Bakker on Janmabhumi temple (retry)

Vidhyanath K. Rao vidynath at math.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jun 23 16:12:49 UTC 1996

[I apologize the eariler post that left out the actual question.]

    A few months back I remember seeing an article in some proccedings
(I have mislaid precise reference) that quoted Hans Bakker to deny
the existence of a Ramjanmabhumi temple. The only references given
there were Bakker's book ``Ayodhya'' and his Numen article of 1991;
both say that a temple constructed in the 11th century existed.
I have tried to locate any later articles by Bakker indicating a
change of mind, but have failed. I would appreciate any help in locating
such articles.

Thanks in advance.
-Nath