Question

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue Jun 18 23:24:49 UTC 1996

Dear Folks,
	There is a text called Kaa"sikaa by Nandike"svara with a
commentary by Upamanyu.  This text interprets the Paninian Shivasuutras a
la the Tantric doctrines of Kashmir Shaivism.  K.C. Pandey discusses this
work in his Abhinavagupta book.  However, I have not seen any reference
to this text or its commentary in a number of Kashmir Shaiva works I have
consulted.  I cannot say I have checked into every one of these works.
Has anyone come across a discussion or citation of these texts in any of
the Kashmir Shaiva texts?  In the tradition of grammar, Naage"sabha.t.ta
refers to it.  Would be nice to know of any older citations or references.
	Thanks.
		Madhav Deshpande