forehead marks (humor)

Swami Satyananda shreemaa at napanet.net
Wed Jun 12 22:33:54 UTC 1996

In the Samasthi Upanshana of the Chandi Path, we
worship the Divine Mother by putting sindur on her
her forehead with this mantra:
	We believe that it means that Divine Love, which
has no selfish interest, drives the Chariot of the
Light of Wisdom, and that Love is applied upon the
third eye, the Ajnya Chakra, so that all perception
will be through the eyes of Wisdom and Love.
	Only a Divine Mother can look upon Her creation
through the eyes of Wisdom and Love, and every woman
is an incarnation of the Divine Mother.
--
Please take our love and blessings.

Shree Maa and Swami Satyananda

Devi  Mandir
5950 Highway 128
Napa, CA 94558  USA
Communications : Phone and Fax 1-707-966-2802
E-Mail shreemaa at napanet.net
Please visit us on the World Wide Web at
http://www.shreemaa.org/