forehead marks (humor)

aditya at icanect.net aditya at icanect.net
Wed Jun 12 12:00:47 UTC 1996

Frank Conlon <conlon at u.washington.edu>  has  on Tue, 11 Jun 1996 20:25:41
BST written as follows:

>With reference to Vasudha Narayanan's query on tilaka, bindi etc.:
>
>I am afraid I don't have any special insights on this, but wonder
>if any of the following would be useful:
I want to share this humor with you.

     How to answer the usual questions asked of Indians?
      To help the new wave of incoming students from India,
      here are the proper answers to awkward questions asked
      everyday:

     Q. What does that red dot on women's forehead mean?
     A. Well, in ancient times, Indian men used to practice archery
        skills by target practicing by aiming at their wife's red dot.
        In fact, that is one of the reasons why they had many wives.
        You see, once they mastered the art of archery and hit the
        target....