Indian Histories of India trans.

Frank Conlon conlon at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 12 13:17:31 UTC 1996

With reference t the Elliot & Dowson, "History of India as Told by Its Own
Historians:" one should be highly cautious in utilizing these translations
which were edited very much within an agenda of emphasizing the blessings
of British rule.  Even leaving that aside, one should consult two volumes
of corrections and amendments prepared by S. H. Hodivala.  I am in
Australia away from my library so cannot offer a full citation, but I
expect it would be found in most major indological collections.

Frank Conlon
University of Washington