Film on Holi

F. Smith fsmith at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Wed Jan 31 17:47:45 UTC 1996

Yes, I know of a very good film on Holi in Braj. This was filmed and put
together by Michael Duffy, a British filmmaker who has been living for a
number of years in Vrindaban. Though the film is really wonderful and
captures the flavor of Holi, it suffers from one defect: there are a few
places where interviews are not translated or dubbed from Hindi to
English. Nevertheless, in its current state it is well worth viewing.
Contact: Michael Duffy, Sri Caitanya Prema Samsthana, Gambhira / Jai
Singh Ghera, Vrindaban 282 121, Dist: Mathura, U.P., India. Tel:
91-565-442087, fax (during the irregular hours when the electricity is
fully working) 91-565-442216. Price: $200.

Fred Smith
School of Religion / Dept. of Asian Lang. & Lit.
University of Iowa