Field trip to India: HELP!

mail07464 at pop.net mail07464 at pop.net
Mon Jan 29 15:26:35 UTC 1996

Dear Dominik,
Thank you so much for your useful comments. What you say makes sense to me.
And you are right: this makes a chapter of your Web page -- first-class
page, by the way.
I'm going to Andhra and Tamilnadu to look for all manuscripts available of
the Vaikhanasa Mantra-prasna, commentaries thereof, and other related
literature. I'd also try to record the chanting of the mantras.  The
manuscripts most likely will be in the Telugu and Tamil scripts and thus
high-resolution photographs (or photocopies) are crucial.
Incidentally, do you happen to have any idea how to contact Teun Goudriaan,
the author of the English Kasyapa Knana-kanda?  I'd like to ask him for
advice regarding places to go to in South India.
Many thanks, again.
Beatrice