Field trip to India: HELP!

mail07464 at pop.net mail07464 at pop.net
Sun Jan 28 00:21:24 UTC 1996

 I will be going to India in a month or so to collect some Sanskrit
manuscripts, and I need to take a camera with me. Could someone kindly
explain to me what would be the advantage of taking a digital camera?
Could you please tell me in detail what kind of materials I need to take
with me?  If a non-digital camera is better, what type of camera and film?
If digital, again, what kind?
If I take a digital camera, can I use it with a laptop Mac? What type of
battery-powered Mac would be the best? How much RAM, what size of hard
drive?  What type of backup/storage device?
I'd sincerely appreciate it immensely if you could kindly take the time to
answer my questions.  I'm really in need of advice here.  I'm drowning in
an ocean of ignorance. Please help!
With best wishes,
Beatrice