jnaneshvar conference

phijag at cobra.nus.sg phijag at cobra.nus.sg
Thu Jan 11 23:47:53 UTC 1996

The Indian Philosophical Congress, Pune Session, celebrarates the 700th
mahasamadhi of the philosopher-saint Sri Jnaneshvar from November 24 to
November 30, 1996. Particulars may be obtained from Professor S. Barlingay
(fax) 0212-342770 (e-mail) G=MITPUNE S=MAEERPUNE P=VSNBOM A=VSNB C=IN or
Prof. S. Barlingay S. No. 124 Kothrud, Paud Road, Pune 411 038 Maharashtra,
India

I was in Alandi 2 years ago and it was (still) an incredibly beautiful and
powerful shakti peeth, as far as I am concerned.
John Grimes

>Next year is the 700th anniversary of Jnaneshvar's mahasamadhi. Does anybody
>know the main date(s) of this  celebration in Alandi or Poona? Thanks and merry
>Christmas again to all.
>Hans-Georg Turstig

>No, but if we could be kept up to date on any scholarly or celebratory
>action with respect to this great Maharashtran poet/saint, it would be
>extremely groovey. Thirty years ago I was in Alandi. It was one of the most
>beautiful, peaceful spots I had ever seen. Is it still that way?  Or has
>overpopulation and commercialization robbed it of its charm?

---
John Grimes, Dept of Philosophy, NUS