Bengal Studies Conference

soumitra at ix.netcom.com soumitra at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 9 06:41:54 UTC 1996

You wrote:

>hello my name is Rajib Bhattacharya.  I would like to have more
>informaiton about the conference and how to register.
>

>Raj
>--
>

>*----------------------------------------------------------------------
-*
>*Raj Bhattacharya                         Internet:bhattara at umdnj.edu
 *
>*New Jersey Medical School                    Voice:(201) 481-2771
 *
>*----------------------------------------------------------------------
-*

This is the forwarded message from Clinton Seely to me . You will get
all your answers .

Message: 66
To: Members of the list <indology at liverpool.ac.uk>
From: c-seely at uchicago.edu (Clinton Seely)
Subject: Bengal Studies Conference
Date: Sat,  6 Jan 1996 21:33:29 GMT
Bengal Studies Conference--Call for Papers

The 31st Bengal Studies Conference will be hosted by Georgetown
University,
May 3-5, 1996.  The BSC provides an academic forum across disciplines
and
geographic divides in which to reflect upon and share scholarship about
Bengal, both Bangladesh and West Bengal, India.  It should be noted
that
the conference is for scholarship, not for the promotion of any
religious
or political agenda.  Please submit a one-page abstract of your paper
by
February 16th to the following address:

Enayetur Rahim
Department of History
Georgetown University
Washington, DC  20057
Phone: 202-687-6061
FAX: 202-687-7245

If you would like to organize a panel, submit names of participants and
one-paragraph abstract of the papers to be presented and notify paper
presenters to submit a one-page abstract of their papers.  Audio-visual
requirements should be indicated on all proposals.  The proceedings of
the
conference will be published by University Press (Dhaka).